Docality.com Logo
 
Dr. Anuradha  Reddy  Md image

Dr. Anuradha Reddy Md

831 S. Main St. Workwell Medical Group
Salinas CA 93901
831 223-3701
Medical School: Other - 1990
Accepts Medicare: Yes
Participates In eRX: No
Participates In PQRS: No
Participates In EHR: No
License #: A66313
NPI: 1619953825
Taxonomy Codes:
207Q00000X

Request Appointment Information

Awards & Recognitions

About Us

Practice Philosophy

Conditions

Dr. Anuradha Reddy is associated with these group practices

Medical Malpractice Cases

None Found

Medical Board Sanctions

None Found

Referrals

NPI
Doctor Name
Specialty
Count
1558344416
Internal Medicine
211
*These referrals represent the top 10 that Dr. Reddy has made to other doctors

Publications

Seasonal variations in semen characteristics, semen cryopreservation, estrus synchronization, and successful artificial insemination in the spotted deer (Axis axis). - Theriogenology
Ten adult male spotted deer were monitored over a 2-year interval to determine seasonal variations in testicular size, semen characteristics and serum testosterone concentrations, and to determine if there was an association between season and type of antler. Mean (+/-S.E.M.) testicular volume (118.8+/-4.6 cm(3)), serum testosterone concentration (1.2+/-0.1 ng/mL), semen volume (4.1+/-0.6 mL), sperm concentration (338.3+/-24.9 x 10(6) mL(-1)), percentage of morphologically normal sperm (79.1+/-2.8%), and percentage of motile sperm (66.5+/-1.5%) were higher (P<0.05) in hard antler deer (peaked from March to May) than in deer with velvet antlers or in deer in which the antler has been shed. Thus, March-May was considered the physiologic breeding season for these deer; at this time, all stags had hard antlers. Furthermore, a Tris-citrate-based semen extender containing 4% glycerol and 20% egg-yolk was adequate for cryopreservation of semen. Estrus was induced with an implant containing norgestomet, timed transcervical AI was done with fresh semen, and 3 of 10 females were pregnant at 60 days, with fawns born 120 (premature), 240 and 243 days after AI. These results were considered a model for the use of assisted reproductive techniques to conserve other critically endangered deer species of India.
Anesthesia induced by administration of xylazine hydrochloride alone or in combination with ketamine hydrochloride and reversal by administration of yohimbine hydrochloride in captive Axis deer (Axis axis). - American journal of veterinary research
To determine the anesthetic dose and cardiopulmonary effects of xylazine hydrochloride when used alone or in combination with ketamine hydrochloride and evaluate the efficacy of yohimbine hydrochloride to reverse anesthetic effects in captive Axis deer.35 adult (10 males and 25 females) Axis deer (Axis axis).All deer were anesthetized by IM administration of xylazine (3.5 mg/kg; experiment 1), a combination of ketamine and xylazine (1.25 and 1.5 mg/kg, respectively; experiment 2), or another combination of ketamine and xylazine (2.5 and 0.5 mg/kg, respectively; experiment 3). In addition, female deer were also anesthetized by IM administration of a third combination of ketamine and xylazine (1.5 and 1 mg/kg, respectively; experiment 4). Ten to 40 minutes after induction, anesthesia was reversed by IV administration of yohimbine (5, 8, or 10 mg).In male deer, experiment 3 yielded the most rapid induction of anesthesia. In females, experiment 4 yielded the best induction of anesthesia without adverse effects. All doses of yohimbine reversed anesthesia. Duration of anesthesia before administration of yohimbine had no effect on recovery time.A combination of ketamine and xylazine can be used to induce anesthesia in Axis deer. Furthermore, anesthetic effects can be reversed by administration of yohimbine.
Semen characteristics of the captive Indian white-backed vulture (Gyps bengalensis). - Biology of reproduction
The present paper describes, to our knowledge for the first time, the successful collection and evaluation of semen from the Indian white-backed vulture (Gyps bengalensis), a critically endangered bird. Over a period of 2 yr, semen was collected using the manual massage method and evaluated for semen volume, semen pH, sperm concentration, percentage normal/abnormal spermatozoa, and percentage motile spermatozoa. It appears that the concentration of spermatozoa and percentage motile spermatozoa in the Indian white-backed vultures are low compared to those in other birds. Tyrode medium supplemented with albumin, lactate, and pyruvate (TALP) proved to be the best semen extender compared to two others (Beltsville Poultry Semen Extender and Lake diluent). Furthermore, TALP with 20% egg yolk and supplemented with 8% dimethyl sulfoxide maintained 50% of the initial percentage of motile spermatozoa following cryopreservation and thawing. A computer-aided semen analysis indicated that the spermatozoa of the Indian white-backed vulture are extremely active and swim in linear trajectories for up to 5 h following dilution in TALP. The trajectories were linear with time, but we noticed a decrease in the velocity parameters (average path velocity, curvilinear velocity, and progressive velocity). Thus, the present study provides baseline data on semen characteristics of the highly endangered Indian white-backed vulture, and these data could be of immense importance to reproductive and conservation biologists attempting to breed these animals in captivity, which to date has not been achieved.
Conservation of wild animals by assisted reproduction and molecular marker technology. - Indian journal of experimental biology
Wild animals are an integral component of the ecosystem. Their decimation due to abrupt natural calamities or due to gradual human intervention would be disastrous to the ecosystem and would alter the balance in nature between various biotic components. Such an imbalance could have an adverse effect on the ecosystem. Therefore, there is an urgent need to put an end to the ever increasing list of endangered species by undertaking both in situ and ex situ conservation using tools of modern biology, to ascertain the degree of genetic variation and reproductive competence in these animals. This review highlights the development and use of molecular markers such as microsatellites, minisatellites, mitochondrial control region, cytochrome b and MHC loci to assess the genetic variation in various Indian wild animals such as the lion, tiger, leopard and deer. The review also presents data on the semen profile of the big cats of India. Reproductive technologies such as cryopreservation of semen and artificial insemination in big cats are also highlighted.
Genetic assessment of captive red panda (Ailurus fulgens) population. - SpringerPlus
Red panda (Ailurus fulgens) is threatened across its range by detrimental human activities and rapid habitat changes necessitating captive breeding programs in various zoos globally to save this flagship species from extinction. One of the ultimate aims of ex situ conservation is reintroduction of endangered animals into their natural habitats while maintaining 90 % of the founder genetic diversity. Advances in molecular genetics and microsatellite genotyping techniques make it possible to accurately estimate genetic diversity of captive animals of unknown ancestry. Here we assess genetic diversity of the red panda population in Padmaja Naidu Himalayan Zoological Park, Darjeeling, which plays a pivotal role in ex situ conservation of red panda in India. We generated microsatellite genotypes of fifteen red pandas with a set of fourteen loci. This population is genetically diverse with 68 % observed heterozygosity (HO) and mean inbreeding (FIS) coefficient of 0.05. However population viability analysis reveals that this population has a very low survival probability (<2 %) and will rapidly loose its genetic diversity to 37 % mainly due to small population size and skewed male-biased sex ratio. Regular supplementation with a pair of adult individuals every five years will increase survival probability and genetic diversity to 99 and 61 % respectively and will also support future harvesting of individuals for reintroduction into the wild and exchange with other zoos.

Map & Directions

831 S. Main St. Workwell Medical Group Salinas, CA 93901
View Directions In Google Maps

Nearby Doctors

1112 Pajaro St
Salinas, CA 93901
831 240-0496
640 E Romie Lane
Salinas, CA 93901
831 229-9036
130 E Romie Lane Suite D
Salinas, CA 93901
831 245-5784
535 E Romie Lane #10
Salina, CA 93901
831 585-5836
559 Abbott St Ste A
Salinas, CA 93901
831 571-1007
212 San Jose St Suite 301
Salinas, CA 93901
831 700-0123
1069 Los Palos Dr
Salinas, CA 93901
831 582-2724
1110 Driftwood Pl
Salinas, CA 93901
831 621-1020
601 E Romie Ln Ste 6
Salinas, CA 93901
831 244-4230
220 San Jose St
Salinas, CA 93901
831 240-0807